20 Quotes from Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland
1. "Curiouser and curiouser!"
2. "Well! I've often seen a cat without a grin, but a grin without a cat! It's the most curious thing I ever saw in my life!"
3. "It's really dreadful the way all the creatures argue. It's enough to drive one crazy!"
4. "Let's fight till six, and then have dinner."
5. "I could tell you my adventures, beginning from this morning...but it's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then."
6. "If everybody minded their own business, the world would go round a deal faster than it does."
7. "So many out-of-the-way things had happened lately, that Alice had begun to think that very few things indeed were really impossible."
8. "Who am I then? Tell me that first, and then, if I like being that person, I'll come up; if not, I'll stay down here till I'm someone else."
9. "The time has come to talk of many things: Of shoes and ships - and sealing wax - of cabbages and kings."
10. "Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic."
11. "That's the reason they're called lessons, because they lessen from day to day."
12. "You ought to be ashamed of yourself for asking such a simple question."
13. "They're dreadfully fond of beheading people here; the great wonder is, that there's any one left alive!"
14. "Everything's got a moral, if only you can find it."
15. "Begin at the beginning...and go on till you come to the end: then stop."
16. "No, no! The adventures first, explanations take such a dreadful time."
17. "Yes, you're mad, bonkers, off the top of your head...but...I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are."
18. "Speak English! I don't know the meaning of half those long words, and, what's more, I don't believe you do either!"
19. "You don't know much, And that's a fact."
20. "What does it matter where my body happens to be? My mind goes on working all the same."
⇧ Back to top