6 Mysteries, not much info given
6 Mysteries, not much info given
Again, I’d like to point out that these posts WILL improve. You know when you have something to do, and you keep procrastinating, and then eventually you’re just like – “Just do SOMETHING!”.
Yeah, that was me with these first few posts.
Anyway, I present for your perusal: the case of the weird Swedish twins, the case of the missing Scientologist, the case of the missing student, the case of the missing and then not missing fireman, the weird lighthouse and then, going off in a much darker direction, the story of Marc Dutroux.
Ursula and Sabina Eriksson
This is an absolutely insane case that involves some Swedish twins, some Highway Agency Officers, and an awesome situation where a small television crew, who happened to be filming Motorway Cops at the time, were around to capture it all on camera.
Before you read this and maybe watch the video, bear in mind, that there was no history of mental illness, and no evidence (despite what the police in the video assume), of drugs or alcohol in their systems.
This is the timeline of events:
- Sabina Eriksson and her identical twin sister, Ursula Eriksson, are born in Sweden on 3 November 1967.
- By the year 2000, Ursula is living in the United States, and Sabina is living in Ireland with her partner and two children.
- On Friday 16 May 2008, Ursula visits Sabina, but for reasons that were unclear, the suddenly inseparable sisters secretly depart Ursula’s home for Liverpool, England.
- After arriving in Liverpool at 8:30am on Saturday, they quickly go into St Anne Street Police Station, apparently in order to report concerns over the safety of Sabina’s children.
- At around 11:30am that morning, again for reasons unknown, the pair then board a National Express coach headed to London.
- At Keele services, a motorway service station (not a scheduled rest stop), the driver of the bus refuses to let them back on board after becoming suspicious of their erratic behaviour. He notices the twins clinging to their bags tightly and wishes to search them, but they refuse.
- The manager of the service station is informed and, also feeling suspicious of the pair’s demeanour, movements, and fixation on their bags, calls the police.
- Officers arrive to talk to them but leave after deeming that the women seemed harmless.
- The twins depart the services on foot and begin to walk down the central reservation of the M6 before attempting to cross it, causing chaos to the traffic and picking up minor injuries in the attempt – Sabina gets struck by a SEAT León.
- This is when the Highway Agency Officers and the accompanying tv crew go to find out what is happening.
- They stand and talk to the twins, appraising the situation, and the camera, at this point, shows them in the background, while a couple more police officers talk about the situation.
- Without warning, Ursula breaks free and runs into the side of an oncoming articulated lorry travelling at around 56 mph (90 km/h).
- Sabina then quickly follows her into the road and is hit head-on by a Volkswagen Polo travelling at high speed. The force is enough to shatter and dent the windscreen completely.
- Ursula is immobilised as the lorry has crushed her legs, and Sabina spends fifteen minutes unconscious.
- Despite their injuries, they begin fighting with the police, who are trying to keep them calm.
- Among the things they shout are : “I recognise you – I know you’re not real” – “They’re going to steal your organs”
- Sabina gets to her feet, despite attempts to persuade her to stay on the ground.
- She then hits an officer in the face, before running into traffic on the other side of the motorway. She is eventually restrained by emergency services and several members of the public.
- By the 19th May, Ursula is in hospital, and Sabina, having been released from hospital after 5 hours, into police custody, walks free, without any psychiatric evaluation.
- Sabina fatally stabs 54-year-old Glenn Hollinshead, after asking for his help to find her sister’s whereabouts.
- She runs out of the house with a hammer, periodically hitting herself over the head with it.
- A passing motorist decides to tackle her in an attempt to take control of the hammer. While wrestling with him, Sabina takes a roof tile out of her pocket and strikes him on the back of the head with it, stunning him temporarily.
- By this time paramedics have found her and give chase. The pursuit ends at Heron Cross when Sabina jumps from a 12-metre (40 ft) high bridge onto the A50. Breaking both ankles and fracturing her skull in the fall, she is taken to hospital.
- Ursula is released from hospital in September, and relocates back to Sweden, and then the US.
- Sabina is sentenced to five years in prison, is released in 2011, and goes back to Sweden.
- 7 years later, people are still scratching their heads and thinking – what the hell was all that about?
Fire-fighter’s mysterious disappearance and reappearance
This is one I found, about a week or so ago, and thought it sounded rather fascinating. It’s the story of Constantinos “Danny” Filippidis, a 49 year old fire-fighter who had gone skiing at Whiteface Mountain, New York, with a bunch of other fire-fighters in February this year. Then he went missing. All of his belongings were still at the lodge: his car, I.D, etc. A massive search and rescue starts taking place.
Then, a week later he turns up in Sacramento, California – 3000 miles away from where he went missing. Apparently dazed, confused and not knowing what day it was, he was also wearing the exact same skiing outfit that he was wearing when he disappeared.
There has been an update that mentions that he got into a truck in Wilmington, but that just makes it odder to me. Why would this man, who was on holiday with his friends and colleagues, suddenly just decide to hitch a ride out of there, leaving all his stuff behind?
Eilean Mor lighthouse keepers
There’s a place off the West coast of Scotland called the Flannan Isles, which has a lighthouse. In 1900, 3 lighthouse keepers disappeared from their post there. Jospeph Moore, a replacement lifehouse keeper found the lighthouse unlocked and in the entrance hall two of the three oil skinned coats were missing. He found half eaten food and an overturned chair, almost as if someone had jumped from their seat in a hurry. To add to this peculiar scene, the kitchen clock had also stopped.
Another strange item was the log:
On the 12th December, Thomas Marshall, the second assistant, wrote of ‘severe winds the likes of which I have never seen before in twenty years’. He also noticed that James Ducat, the Principal Keeper, had been ‘very quiet’ and that the third assistant, William McArthur, had been crying.
What is strange about the final remark was that William McArthur was a seasoned mariner, and was known on the Scottish mainland as a tough brawler. Why would he be crying about a storm?
Log entries on the 13th December stated that the storm was still raging, and that all three men had been praying. But why would three experienced lighthouse keepers, safely situated on a brand new lighthouse that was 150 feet above sea level, be praying for a storm to stop? They should have been perfectly safe.
Even more peculiar is that there were no reported storms in the area on the 12th, 13th and 14th of December. In fact, the weather was calm, and the storms that were to batter the island didn’t hit until December 17th.
The final log entry was made on the 15th December. It simply read ‘Storm ended, sea calm. God is over all’.
Michele Miscavige is the husband of the Church of Scientology leader, David Miscavige. She hasn’t been seen in public since 2007. Actress Leah Remini, a former Scientologist herself, filed a missing person report regarding Mrs. Miscavige with the Los Angeles Police Department in 2013. According to a story in The Los Angeles Times based on information from an anonymous LAPD source, the LAPD did contact Mrs. Miscavige.
Or did they?
Rumour has it that the sheriff that ‘contacted’ her, was himself a Scientologist.
David Miscavige’s niece and father have both written books, critical of the church and his leadership. Also, his mother-in-law was found dead with 3 gun shots to her chest and one to her head. It was ruled as suicide.
Disappearance of Lars Mittank
Lars Mittank was a German student who went missing whilst on holiday in Bulgaria with a group pf friends. I mean, that’s sad, but people do go missing, right? But there were a few things that made this disappearance pretty weird. After getting into a fight with four other men after a disagreement over football, he ended up with a ruptured ear drum. At the end of his trip, due to a ruptured ear drum a doctor advised him not to fly. His friends wanted to stay with him, but Mittank insisted he was fine on his own. However, a day after his friends left, he began to act oddly, and his erratic behavior was recorded by the hotel’s security cameras. He spent only one night in the hotel but he was paranoid and frightened. He sent a text message to his mother stating that he did not feel safe; that she should cancel his credit card; and that he was hiding from four men who were supposedly following him and asked him where the pills were. Mittank was last seen in Varna Airport, the airport that served Golden Sands in the nearby city of Varna. He was captured by airport security cameras running away. Once outside the airport, he was seen climbing a fence, running into a meadow, and disappearing into the woods. He has not been seen since.
In 2004 Dutroux was found guilty of having kidnapped, tortured and sexually abused six girls in the period 1995 to 1996, ranging in age from 8 to 19, four of whom died. He maintained throughout his case, that he was merely a small player, doing the work of high-ranking members of the police force and government.
Back when I used to run a conspiracy website, this was one of the cases that lead to me shutting the site down, because my search for ‘the truth’ was getting a bit too depressing. Rumours have been going around for years about elite paedophile rings, and this case is one of many that, I believe, proves that such things DO exist. I’m not going to write too much about this, but if you have the stomach for it, and an interest in these type of conspiracies, I think you should look into it.